Kedarnath Yatra is one of the religious, spiritual and adventurous tours in India. Kedarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva, situated on the Garhwal region of Himalaya. Kedarnath is one of the essential Dham among the Panch Kedar, surrounded by majestic lush green mountains, glaciers and Mandakini rivers. Kedarnath is very popular among the devotees, as here they have found peace between a beautiful and serene nature. To reach Kedarnath, you have to trek 22 km uphill on rugged terrains from Gaurikund, but you can also choose an option of Pithu or pony, or you can go Kedarnath yatra by Helicopter. You can also opt for Chardham yatra by helicopter which takes you to all the shrines of Chardham and after this, you would love to share your experience of Chardham yatra with your fellow relatives or friends.
Best Time to Visit on Kedarnath Yatra with Helicopter
Before going to Kedarnath Yatra ensure which is the best time to travel, on the basis of climatic conditions =and the opening and closing time of Kedarnath temple. Visiting at the right time will make your journey safe and hassle-free.
Climatic Conditions of Kedarnath
The climatic conditions of Kedarnath are quite unpredictable and unpleasant as they keep changing like a chameleon change its colours. The high altitude of the region also affects the climatic conditions of Kedarnath.
Summer months in Kedarnath are from mid-April until June. This season is good for traveling. You can opt for moderate woollen clothing if you are planning to travel in the summer season.
Monsoon months in Kedarnath are from July until mid-October. The climatic conditions in the monsoon season are very dangerous as landslides and downpours are an everyday thing.
Winter months in Kedarnath are from November until March. The temperatures at Kedarnath are below zero degrees Celcius and the whole Kedarnath becomes almost a desert of snow.
Opening and Closing time at Kedarnath temple:-
Kedarnath temple opens on the Akshaya Tritiya, the end of April month, and closes on the Kartik Purnima, full moon day in November. When the temple is closed, the deity of lord shiva from Kedarnath temple transfers to Ukhimath, where it is worshipped for the next six months.
Ideal Time to Visit Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter
The best time to visit Kedarnath is between May and June in the summer season, when the weather is quite suitable for traveling. Avoid visiting Kedarnath in monsoon and summer season when the climatic conditions are not that good.
Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter
Kedarnath Yatra by helicopter used to be very risky and challenging, but nowadays the Government has resolved this issue. If you are willing to visit Kedarnath and want to explore the unparalleled beauty of this palace but you have a shortage of timing, then going to Kedarnath Yatra by helicopter is a perfect choice. Helicopter is one of the most convenient and most comfortable ways to travel, it saves you time and makes your journey happy and safe. While this is indeed costly, it is worth the money in terms of time saving, and luxurious facilities.
Delicious meals and a luxurious stay at Dehradun are Kedarnath yatra by helicopter highlights:
- Average trip duration:- 1 day
- Darshan Timing:- 4:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Starting Point of this Journey:- Dehradun, Phata, Sirsi or Guptkashi
- Time Travel:- May to June and mid-October to before the start of November.
- From where to Book this Package:- Leisure India Holidays (LIH)
- Timings avail for Darshan:- 1:30 to 2:00 hours
Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter Price:-
The prices of this trip vary, as it depends on which helipad you have booked your Yatra from, and is it a one-way ride or return ride:
Itinerary of Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter
The following is Kedarnath Yatra by a helicopter itinerary:
Day of Arrival: Dehradun (If you have booked your trip from Dehradun)
Arrive at Dehradun one day before your tour. Our handler will pick you from Dehradun railway station, Bus stand or airport, and transfer you to the hotel where you will take a rest and dinner after this hectic traveling.
Day 1:- Trip to Kedarnath temple
On day 1, you will head towards the Kedarnath temple. If you have booked from Dehradun, you will leave the Sahastradhara helipad to Phata, and then you will change the chopper in Phata and fly towards the Kedarnath temple. If you have booked the tour from Sirsi, Phata, or Guptkashi, then you will leave from there to Kedarnath temple. After reaching the Kedarnath helipad, you will walk towards Kedarnath temple, which is 500 meters away, a walking distance of about 15 minutes. You can also go mounting a pony or pithu. After Darshan, you will come to the Kedarnath helipad, and we will head back to the place where our Journey of Kedarnath yatra by Helicopter has started.
Passenger Guidelines or Travel tips:-
- Carry only 5 Kg of luggage due to the limited space on the Helicopter
- Do not carry trolley bags as there is limited space in the Helicopter; try to carry soft bags or Duffle bags with essential things in them.
- Carry a medical kit with yourself because the temperature there can be quite unpleasant and cold.
- Carry Oxygen bottles with you, which is readily available in medical shops.
- Carry woollen clothes with you because the temperature there can be quite cold
- If your body weight is more than 80 Kg, you will be charged by INR 200 per extra kg
- Total passenger weight should not exceed more than 430 Kg. This is a safety measure by aviation companies.
- Share your correct bodyweight with the company; you are debarred by the company if you have told assumed or wrong body weight.
- Carry Airtel and BSNL sim, networks of that are readily available on tour.
Terms and Conditions:-
- Children above two years of age are eligible for a full ticket.
- No Concession should be provided to senior citizens and children in the Kedarnath yatra by helicopter.
- Law of Delhi Jurisdiction shall govern the disputes of interpretation, applications or services, or any terms and conditions.
- Money won’t be returned by the company if you have told wrong or assumed your body weight.
- Aadhar card is mandatory for Indians, and the passport is necessary for foreigners.
- Tickets are not transferable and you can’t change the name of yours in your ticket of Kedarnath yatra by helicopter.
These are the cancelation charges that are paid by you if you have canceled the booking of the Kedarnath yatra by helicopter:
- 7 days before the Journey – 20% of the amount
- 48 hours before the Journey – 50% of the amount
- Less than 48 hours before the Journey – 75 % of the amount
- Less than 24 hours before the Journey – no refund
Online Registration of Kedarnath yatra by Helicopter:-
It becomes necessary for every devotee to do biometric registration for Kedarnath yatra by Helicopter. After biometric registration, you will get a biometric registration card which gives you facilities like food and lodging; you are tracked by the government through GPS based monitoring system. You will receive registration slip: show it to any of the counters to Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter in order to get a registration card.
You can click this link http://onlinechardhamyatra.in/frmUserRegistration.aspx. And register yourself for Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter.
Places to Visit in Kedarnath:
Sunset Point, Kalimath, Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Deoria Tal, Gandhi Sarovar, Kharchakund, Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi, Triyugi Narayan Temple, Vasuki tal, Kedarnath temple, Chandrapuri, Bhairavnath Temple, Kedarnath Peak, Anusuya Devi Temple, Madhyamaheshwar Temple.