The announcement was posted online last night (Oct 4), but with no extra details released. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has yet to announce the move through its formal channels.
The notice posted online last night was titled, “Arrival Requirements for ’Phuket Sandbox’ visitors who wish to apply for a ‘Visa on Arrival’ (VOA)”.
2. Download the mobile application on arrival (which app was not specified)
3. Be prepared to have documents checked at the ’Port Health and Quarantine’ at Phuket International Airport
4. When applying for the ’Visa on Arrival’ you will need to:
– Fill out the application form provided
– Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 30 days
– Have a confirmed return flight ticket
– Show that you are carrying 10,000 baht (20,000 for a family) in any currency
– 2,000 baht for the ’Visa Application Fee’
5. Clear the ’Immigration’ process
6. Proceed to the baggage hall and collect luggages
7. Proceed to ’Customs’
8. Proceed outside the terminal to the compulsory ’RT-PCR’ Covid-19 test station
9. Depart to your SHA Plus hotel with a ’SHA Plus’ prebooked transportation (directly with no enroute stops)
Of special note, the notice was marked in red, “Please note that the VOA will be granted for only 15 days, and it cannot be extended.”