In our relentless pursuit of flawless skin, we often focus on external remedies and beauty products while overlooking the profound impact of internal factors on the external skin health. RAKxa Wellness, the leading medical wellness retreat in Thailand recognizes that beyond the fleeting trends of skincare, achieving beautiful skin also relies heavily on maintaining hormonal balance.
Hormones, the chemical messengers of your body, regulate numerous bodily functions, including those that directly influence your skin. The fluctuation of various hormones can contribute to potential skin concerns such as acne, dryness, or even ageing. Moreover, factors like stress, diet, and toxin exposure can disrupt hormonal equilibrium, further compromising the appearance of our skin.
Here is a breakdown of how specific hormones affect the skin:
- Oestrogens play an aiding role in maintaining skin hydration, elasticity and thickness. While present in everyone, women tend to have higher oestrogen levels than men. The decrease in oestrogen levels is one of the culprits that causes skin ageing in post-menopausal women.
- Androgens, which are present in all humans but more abundant in men, play a key role in hair growth, hair follicle differentiation and increased sebum production. Excessive androgens can contribute to acne breakouts and hair loss.
- Cortisol, commonly known as the stress hormone determines how we feel. Acne, skin inflammation and premature skin ageing can be triggered by the increase of this hormone.
Healthy Skin Is A Reflection Of Overall Wellness
“Happiness is an inside job.” The same concept holds true for flawless skin. RAKxa Integrative Wellness believes that healthy skin reflects one’s overall wellness. RAKxa Wellness’ approach involves addressing hormone imbalances while also promoting sustainable lifestyle changes that will recontribute to improving skin health on a long-term basis, build resilience and ensure that your skin’s natural beauty is sustained along the wellness journey.
Adopting a fully integrative approach where holistic therapies and technology combine to deliver transformative result, RAKxa Wellness promotes healthy skin with an emphasis of restoring wellbeing from the inside out:
- Get your hormones checked. Identifying your levels of Oestradiol, Testosterone, Progesterone, Cortisol, and Thyroid hormones through a Hormone Panel Lab test can lead you to the root cause of any potential hormonal imbalances that could be contributing to your current skin troubles.
- Discover your skin’s present state with a VISIA Skin Test which provides an in-depth look at your facial skin, This comprehensive analysis reveals information about texture, wrinkles, pigmentation, redness, pores and UV damage, allowing you to identify the underlying causes of skin problems.
- Target hormonal imbalances and relieve stress through Body Acupuncture, using traditional Chinese skin-enhancing methods to restore hormonal balances and stimulate organs to function better.
- Let your natural radiance shine through with Facial Acupuncture which helps improve and balance skin health by stimulating collagen production and blood circulation. Facial acupuncture can also target specific concerns such as wrinkles, sagging, inflammation, acne, and skin discolouration.
- Nourish your skin with nutrients and protect it from harmful free radicals with the Beauty Refresh IV, an aesthetic formula rich in antioxidants to protect skin from ageing factors.
- The seamless integration of facial acupuncture and the Beauty Refresh IV creates collagen-boosting effects which promote flawless and youthful skin. Guests will now be able to undergo both treatments simultaneously at the IV Lounge of VitalLife. Another IV formula, NAD+ helps slow down the skin’s natural ageing process and enhance skin radiance, while the Profacial treatment rejuvenates the skin from within. Exfoliation, impurity extraction and skin nourishing will improve texture, minimize acne, tighten pores and leave your skin flawless.
RAKxa Wellness Tips for Your Skin
It is crucial to limit your daily sugar intake. Collagen, the main structural protein of the skin, can be bound by sugar molecules, forming toxic substances called Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs) that disrupt collagen’s function. Higher sugar intake also contributes to more visible sagging skin and wrinkles. By reducing sugar consumption, you can delay the onset of AGEs’ formation and preserve a more youthful appearance. It is also advisable to keep sugary treats and dairy products far from the kitchen. Avoiding dairy items like cheese, ice cream and butter can provide relief for individuals with acne-prone skin.
August Wellness Activity: Self-Facial Acupressure For Uplifting and Toning
Facial puffiness and tiredness are body reactions from allergies or unhealthy lifestyle choices such as sleep deprivation and overindulging in a high-sodium or high-sugar diet. While repeated facial expressions from stress are one of the culprits making your face look older and your facial expression unwelcoming.
On 8th August, Lek Sirirat, RAKxa Jai’s Senior Spa Therapist, with 25 years of experience in facial massage will walk guests through self-facial acupressure. This self-healing touch technique involves applying mild-to-moderate pressure to specific points on the face to relax the overactive muscles, reduce various expression lines, and naturally lift up the face.
In this workshop, guests will learn techniques to enhance blood and lymph microcirculation beneath the skin, reducing facial puffiness by enhancing the clearance of metabolic wastes and excess water from the skin layer while delivering nutrients and oxygen to facial skin cells. A technique to add to our daily skin pampering routine to prevent premature wrinkles and sagging of the face.